April 1, 2007

Hello again, hello...


Well so much for my trying to be better about posting more often! It's been quite some time since I last posted. I'll try to not make this an endless novel though. Okay....let's see. Here are the highlights since my last posting:

La Spiga:
Sarah, Greg, Polly, and I went to check out La Spiga. It's my favorite Italian restaurant in Seattle and had closed down for about six months to move to a new bigger location. The food was fabulous as usual! We had our usual Gnocchi with tomato sauce and tried a few new things, too. The new location was just amazing. The restaurant went from a teeny tiny little space to a huge sprawling open space with two floors. The new place had a totally rustic Italian feel and even an outdoor deck with strings of light for the evening.

Chutney's:
-Went to Chutney's to celebrate Brenna finally finishing her move from San Francisco'ish area to Seattle.
-Went again awhile later for dinner with Nifer and Trina just cuz we love ourselves some Chutney's. Mmmm!

Birthdays:
-Sun had her bday and now has her license. Yay! We took her to dim sum to celebrate.
-Celebrated Trina's bday at Buca di Beppo in Seattle. It was my first time and all I can say is that all the food there comes on ginormous plates!
-For my brother's bday we spent the day in Seattle hanging out. He had a hankering for Thaiku so we took him to Ballard.
-Had some yummy ribs at Famous Dave's down in P-town for David Turner's bday.

Hanging Out:

-Had dinner with Mar, Shay, Anita, and Nif at Galerias on Broadway while Mar was in town. We learned from last time though and didn't have the margaritas the size of our heads. Then we ventured over to Dilettante's for dessert, coffee, and tea.
-Went to Kim's in Ballard for a potluck and games night. We had lots of yummy food like meatballs, cabbage salad, hot wings, shrimp, artichoke dip, shrimp dip, garlic veggie couscous, and snickerdooles. Kim made some really good margaritas! Was a fun night with good food and good peeps!
-Heading over to Monroe later today to meet with some school friends for one of our occassional international cooking dinners. The theme this time is Greek which I think will be much easier than our last theme which was Indian. Indian food takes a hella long time to make!

Okay...I think that covers it! Oh! Almost forgot. I leave for Vegas exactly one week from today. Yay!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm naan bread....

Anonymous said...

Mmmm naan bread....