April 26, 2007

April Showers Bring Spring Flowers...

I so can’t believe it’s almost the end of April! It really crept up on me. Sometimes time just flies by! Probably because April was filled with so much activity! Between the Vegas trip and then endless birthday and other celebrations…it’s no wonder. Anyway…I figure that it’s time to update the blog.

A week or so ago Sarah had her 30th birthday party. She had her shindig at the Pritchard Island Beach Bathhouse along Lake Washington. The theme was a Venetian Masquerade and it was so neat to see all the different kinds of masks that people came up with for the party. Even the little kids had masks. They were so adorable! I ended up wearing a cool red and black lace mask I found at the Rio Hotel when we were down in Vegas. Everything at the party was wonderful! I guess that’s to be expected when the person throwing the party is an event planner. Haha! My favorite part had to be the Bellini’s. In case you’ve never had a Bellini… it’s basically peach puree mixed with Prosecco. Very yummy!

Following Sarah’s birthday shindig was another themed party. This theme was Spanish though. My coworker Laurie had a party to celebrate her anniversary along with her husband & daughter’s birthdays. That party was pretty amazing, too! They’d gone all out and brought in bright drapes and decorations. The best part was that they hired the Paella King to come out and cook paella for all the guests. Well this was also planned by an event planner (Laurie’s daughter Chesare who flew up from San Francisco) so of course it was fabulous!

Other than parties and celebrations, I haven’t been up to that much. I did go to an open house for a Master’s program I’m interested in. I really think I want to apply after going to the open house. It sounds like an amazing program! I’m a little freaked out though because it sounds like so much work and a commitment of another 2 years of my life. Then again if I don’t complete some kind of Master’s program, I may not be able to get very far in my field. I’m going to take it one step at a time. At least if I started the program it wouldn’t start until October.

With the possibility of school looming over my head, I started thinking about things I might want to do before possibly starting up with school again. Since this seems the year of trips for me, I was thinking I’d like to take one last trip before the end of September. I was talking to Gina the other day and it looks like my trip may be a trip east to visit her in New York. Yay! I’m excited about that! Not only do I get to take another trip, but I would get to see Gina!

Anyway, I guess that’s it for now!

No comments: