My day started out earlier than I would have liked as I had to be in Fremont by 9am on the only day off I had from school during the weekend. Add to the fact that I'm so NOT the morning person... made for a groggy sort of start to my day. So I headed off Saturday morning and low and behold...snow...AGAIN! I was determined to make it to Seattle though and drove threw what could only be described as a scene from Star Wars when they are going so fast that it looks like stars are shooting by. Okay...so it was just little snowflakes...but you get the idea. I made it to Fremont Abbey where I found out that I was actually going to be there until 1pm and not noon like I had thought. At least there were snacks and coffee.
After the CCP Saturday session, I had to book it down to Auburn to make it to Scarlet's 4th birthday party. I finally got to relax a little and kids are so darn cute! Scarlet had a princess themed party complete with a castle cake
compliments of her talented master baker mom Anna. Fortunately, I was able to stay long enough to see the games, pinata, cake, and the opening of presents. However, I again had to motor right afterwards.
The next stop was I guess sort of Ballard/Crown Hill/Greenwood. I'm not really sure as I don't know th
I got outside to jump in the car. Low and behold it was that darned snow AGAIN! My car was covered in it. I thought...should I just stay here or go home? That determination popped up yet again as I went off to head back to Fremont for the second time that day. This time to meet up with people to see the circus as Jessica had the hook up for free tickets to Circus Contraption.
As I was held up with the bellydancing, I had told everyone to go ahead and that I'd meet them there. The unfortunate thing is that I didn't have an address and I didn't really know the part of Fremont where I was going. After circling the block for a street I swear didn't exist....I finally stopped to try to call Jessica or Piper to get directions. However....no answer. Darn it! That determination rose again and after several botched attempts I found it in the back of a factory. Yay! Had a lot of fun and was amazed and creeped out by some of the stuff I saw at the circus.
After the circus it was finally time to go home. Sadly I realized we were all losing an hour because of Daylight Savings Time and had to be in class the next morning. I was not a happy camper but headed home. When I got to Issaquah...I saw a familiar sight...snow yet again. Have I mentioned that I'm REALLY getting sick of snow? Anyway...got all the way to the top of my hill and to my driveway and I couldn't get up it. I had to get the shovel and cat litter out to clear the way to get my car in the garage. Let me just tell you I have never been so excited to see my bed in my life. The neverending day was finally finished!

No comments:
Post a Comment