November 8, 2008

Mirage...

A friend once called me a mirage. He said that it got to a point where he never saw or heard from me anymore so he began to wonder if I was a mirage because I didn't seem to really exist. This is kind of how I've been feeling lately. I run around so much and things are so crazy that I don't have time to see or talk to people. Needless to say...I haven't had time to update the good old blog either.

This last October was the one year mark as far as graduate school and with this came the realization that I will be done with my program this spring. I can't begin to tell you how much anxiety this caused! While I will be happy to be done with school...I worry that I won't be ready or have learned all that I need to. I guess this comes with the territory when you end up completely switching fields career wise so it's a good thing that I really enjoy what I'm heading into.

The only challenge right now for me is juggling working full-time and going to graduate school full-time. Yes I know this is something I've dealt with for a year, but this is different. Many of my specialized courses require so much more time and effort on my part. I'm really enjoying some of the hands on experience working with other organizations and all the other things I've gotten the chance to experience, but I'm starting to run myself ragged which is probably how I ended up as sick as I am right now. Plus, I'd really like to have some time to volunteer to gain more experience and the chancer to work with senior consultants. I have a feeling I'll be needing to make some life changes in the near future.

No comments: