February 4, 2008

Procrastination...

So I've noticed a pattern that I have lately. It seems that I tend to procrastinate during times when I really need to not be procrastinating. This is one of those times. I've got a huge assignment that needs to be done, but just seem to try to find things to distract myself from doing it. I've searched the web, checked all my email accounts, channel surfed, worked my way through calls I needed to make, and now it's time for updating my blog.

Well...I survived yet another residency weekend at school. It feels really good to have a few things behind me like our presentations. There was one negative thing that came out of this weekend. This was the loss of Jackie from our program. I know this was a loss that was felt by my whole cohort, but it was one that was very personal for me. When I entered the program, the first people I met were Jackie and Cindy as we were assigned to carpool together to our retreat in Seabeck. My whole experience has been one that has been shared with them so it is difficult moving forward without Jackie. She's an amazing person who truly cares about everyone and was one of those people who always made you smile or laugh. I'm sure we'll keep in touch, but I'm sad that I won't get to share the rest of my experience in the program with her. Despite this negative factor, I am feeling good about my classes. I feel that we are finally moving to a place where we are gaining a lot of applicable knowledge and experience. At least for my program and goals anyway.

Due to the tight deadlines and incredible amount of time I've had to spend on school the last few weeks, I haven't had time for much else. Well...even less time if you consider how much I have to work.

I did take a break for a nice night out to dinner and movie with Katrina and Laurie a week or so ago. We checked out this really great Thai place down the hill from my place. I'd heard it was the best Thai place in Issaquah. It was really good, but to be fair...there are only really 2-3 Thai restaurants in Issaquah overall.

One other thing I did was go to a presentation in a Global Issues series. The speaker was a Sustainable Business Consultant. Okay so I had no idea what that was but it sounded interesting. What I found out was that the speaker works with businesses that are trying to be more green and helps them implement processes or gives suggestions on how to improve the Ecological Footprint. The speaker also provided background information on Global Climate Change and its impacts on businesses. There were some scary statistics he shared about what's going on in the world. I won't go into details on this, but overall it was an amazing presentation.

Well...I think that's it for now. I think I should probably do SOME of my work so hopefully the procrastination bug won't bite again.

No comments: