Okay so...It seems that time just seems to slip by me lately and it's so hard to catch my breath and catch up. The last month or so has been a blur of activity.As far as my move...I was able to find a place, get myself packed up, and get moved. I had an awesome moving crew that consisted of Nifer, Jeff, and some of my work buds. They were so awesome and I so appreciated everyone taking time out to come out to help! I ended up moving to the Issaquah Highlands which is a bit farther than I had wanted to move, but I'm slowly getting used to the commuting and distance from everything.
It's so weird being in a house again after being in condos and apartments for so long. The first night I was here I couldn't get over how quiet it was. No sounds from loud neighbors upstairs or next to me. It helps too that it's a huge 4 bedroom house with only 3 people living in it. The only weird thing about this house is that it totally causes me to be sleepy. No..seriously! I used to be this person that went to bed on average like at 2am or so and now I rarely stay up past 1am. Not sure what to make of this. Maybe the place is too quiet and relaxing.
On the school front, I am going into the 2nd month and am officially halfway through my 1st quarter of Grad School. Balancing school with the move and with work has been somewhat of a challenge. I've never taken 4 classes at the same time while working full-time. There have been some bad times trying to balance it all, but some not so bad times as well. It helps that I absolutely love the people in my cohort, really like the instructors, and am really interested in the classes.
The one thing that has emerged from school that I wasn't expecting is how connected I feel to all my classmates in my cohort. I mentioned before how I had even felt connected during a short week with them, but now that feeling has grown over the last month or so. A short time back, I was having a tough time and I was just blown away by how much support I received from everyone. These people are some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. I can not express how much all their support means to me. I feel very fortunate to be part of such a wonderful group of people!
I think that's about it as far as updates and changes. Well we did end Daylight Savings time and I was happy to get my extra 1 hour of sleep. So yay for that!

No comments:
Post a Comment