For the last few months, I've been pretty preoccupied with the idea of going back to school. So I did some research and found a great Graduate Program I was really interested in. I went through a long drawn out application process which included getting old transcripts from schools, getting referrals from previous instructors, several writing sample submissions, and an interview with the faculty of the program I was applying to. I finally received my letter in the mail the other day. I was accepted into the program and I'm due to start school again the first week of October which is coming up fast. To be honest, I'm looking forward to having classes again. Plus, it's one step closer to being able to do something I love.
Other than the school stuff, life has been pretty mellow. My friend Darryl came out for a visit from Maine. We ended up having a mini reunion dinner with one group of friends while he was here which was really fun. We ended up at Wild Ginger downtown. I'd never been there before, but I really loved the ambience.
I just realized my trip to New York to visit Gina is coming up quick. It's the one last trip I'm allowing myself before school starts. I'd actually been so focused on school that I'd almost forgotten about it until my buddy Dave reminded me the other day. We have some tentative plans for when I'm in New York, but we're leaving some time open. That way we can have some time to just see where our mood takes us.

No comments:
Post a Comment