January 2, 2007

Should auld acquaintance be forgot...


Well it is now officially a new year! I’m hoping that 2007 brings many good things for everyone. I’ve decided I need to start making lists of things I want or need to do by the end of the year. Not so much resolutions, but an extended to do list.

Anyway…well it was an action packed last few days for me. The end of the year always goes quickly for me though. I think ending a year and having your birthday around that time helps make it go so quickly.

Well I had a nice relaxed New Year’s which I like to do since I’m usually so burned out by Christmas. That was especially true this year after doing the crazy Christmas thing and having had that power outage.

I ended up going out to lunch with my mom. Now the place we originally were shooting for ended up no longer existing. Now you may be thinking that you’re starting to notice a pattern with me especially after the whole Caribbean restaurant fiasco. Let me tell you though…I totally looked up the restaurant online right before we left and even got directions from their website. Anyway…when we headed over there we saw the sign for the restaurant…but no restaurant. So…I decided that from now on I will go to a restaurant in advance prior to setting out to go there just to make sure they are really there. Geesh! I’m not having much luck looking these restaurants online!


Well despite that little snafu… we did end up going to lunch. We ended up at the Crabpot which I totally like, too. I think the best part about the Crabpot is watching my mom try to deal with eating there. My mom absolutely hates getting messy or eating messy. Well…at the Crabpot…they pretty much just dump your food on the table on top of butcher paper and you just chow down. I think it’s kind of fun actually! My mom actually did better this time and didn’t look as horrified as she did last time when we went.

My other new year’s activities involved the Cabatit family who is like my second family. I’ve known them forever! Anyway…I guess they threw me a sort of surprise party. They had invited me over to hang out with them for the day, but Sarah had let slip that Anna was probably going to be making a bday cake. So it was like I kinda knew they were doing a bday cake and perhaps gifts for me…but didn't realize they had organized an entire party for me. It was very sweet of them though! I walked in and it took me a second to digest what was going on. It finally sunk in that there were a lot more people there than I thought were going to be and a lot of decorations. Plus the fact that they yelled surprise Happy Birthday helped.
Anyway…it was a lovely relaxed bday celebration which was nice. Sarah did a fabulous job with all the balloons and decorations. Anna made a very lovely cake. She just graduated in December from the pastry program at the Art Institute of Seattle. It was a rich chocolaty confection! To sum up the day…we had some comedy….some drama….and even some tears.

So all in all…I had a good bday weekend. I took today off because I knew I’d need it. Plus…I just didn’t want to work the day after my bday. I’m lame…I know! Ha-ha! At least this will be another short work week for me. Gawd…next week will suck because it will be the first full work week in awhile. Not looking forward to that!

No comments: