December 3, 2006

Christmas, Christmas Time is Near...

This has been quite the week! Monday we had a freak snow storm that came out of nowhere. Unfortunately it started during rush hour traffic so by the time I left work....it was a mess. It took me about 40 minutes to go the 2-3 blocks from my building to the freeway entrance. I knew then it was going to be a fun night. At one point my car did end up getting stuck in the snow up in the Renton Highlands. Fortunately for me, a couple of guys stopped there car to help push one lady and then me back on the road. I am thankful for the consideration of others in times like that!

The weather kept up on Tuesday and they actually closed both our Tacoma and Seattle offices for the day. Who knew I could still get a snow day when I'm not in school?! Well the snow only stayed with us for a couple of days and then it melted all away so life is back to normal.

On the workfront, my coworker and I decided to winterize our office. Our area now officially looks like a Winter Wonderland! Yay! I love this time of year! It literally looks like a snowy winter forest in some areas and a nutcracker parade in others. We were trying to make sure we didn't offend anyone with any religious decorations so we stuck to a general wintery theme. I think it all makes the atmosphere at work a little happier.

So I was toying with the idea of taking another trip around New Year's and my birthday. I was really going back and forth on it though. Then Brenna called to say she's coming up around New Year's. I took that as a sign I'm supposed to wait. I can always go somewhere when the weather warms up in the spring. I am so happy that Brenna is coming up for a visit though. I haven't seen her since I drove down to San Francisco to visit her in June. She's actually going to be checking things out up here and may decide to move back to Washington.

What else is going on? Oh...today I'm going shopping with my little brother. He called me to tell me he wanted to go shopping for things to donate to the Holiday Stocking for Homeless Children project that I'm involved with and Northwest Harvest food drive through my work. I thought that was so sweet that he wanted to help out. He's a pretty good kid!

Anyway...that's it for now. I can't believe it's the first weekend in December already! There's only like 3 weeks or so before Christmas!

No comments: